Position Type: Full-time position, seasonal with winter work available
Country Farms is family-owned garden center, supply yard, and landscape/hardscape (patios, retaining walls, etc.) installer. We have been in business for over 40 years and employ over 50 full time and seasonal team members. Our employees work together and support each other to complete each project and to help the garden center and supply yard flourish. With opportunity for advancement available, we hope you can become a strong member of our team.
The Product Support Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring our clients and contractors have a seamless experience. The ideal candidate is customer-focused and possesses excellent communication skills. The majority of products you will work with include items such as mulch, various landscape stones, pavers, retaining wall block, and other related materials.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers and contractors seeking assistance.
- Offer support to customers and contractors through various channels (phone, email, in-person) and direct client phone calls and inquiries to proper departments.
- Develop an understanding of our products, their features, and functionalities.
- Provide instructions to customers, contractors, and internal teams on the proper use, installation, and maintenance of hardscape products.
- Collaborate with other teams, including the Garden Center, Sales, Installation, and Supply Yard employees.
- Offer expert guidance on project planning, design, and material selection.
- Will be responsible for opening and closing (securing office, setting alarm) of office, garden center and supply yard.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Previous experience in a customer and/or product support role, preferably in the landscape, hardscape, or construction industry but not required.
- Excellent math and computer skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Physical demands – must be able to stand, sit, walk, crouch, stoop and kneel
- Will be exposed to various weather conditions
Country Farms offers the following benefit package:
Paid vacation and holidays
Medical, dental & vision health insurance
SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match.
Friendly, creative, team work environment.